Hang tight while we prepare your form...
Hang tight while we prepare your form...
To update your contact info, click HERE
WHY MEMBERSHIP MATTERS
WHAT DOES MEMBERSHIP MEAN?
We define membership as "A confirmed commitment to partner with other believers in fulfilling God’s purpose for the local church under the care and spiritual authority of the Pastor and leadership.” The difference between "attenders’" and “members" can be summed up in one word: commitment. So we believe in formal membership.
WHY A MEMBERSHIP COMMITMENT?
1) The Biblical Reason: Jesus Christ is committed to the church (Ephesians 5:25). The first Christians made a commitment to
identify publicly with other believers (Acts 2:41). Their relationship provided accountability in such things as teaching,
fellowship, and prayer (Acts 2:42). Their commitment proved their obedience in such things as sacrificial giving (Acts
2:44-45). Consistency in worship and home fellowship was a natural outcome of their commitment to the church (Acts
2:46). God’s chosen method of evangelism is through the church (Acts 2:47), and choosing membership helps focus that
priority in your life.
2) The Cultural Reason: It is the hope for our society. We live in a generation where few commitments are permanent or
meaningful, whether in marriage, job, or country. This attitude has produced a group of “church shoppers and hoppers”.
Membership swims against the trend of America's “consumer religion". It is an unselfish decision.
3) The Practical Reason: It defines who is committed. Every team has to have a roster. Every school must have an
enrollment. Every business has a payroll. Every army has an enlistment. Even our country takes a census and requires
voter registration. Membership identifies our spiritual family.
4) The Personal Reason: It produces spiritual growth. The New Testament places a major emphasis on the need for
Christians to be accountable to each other for spiritual growth. You cannot be accountable when you are uncommitted to
any local, specific church family. Commitment builds character and strong spiritual families.
EXPECTATIONS FOR MEMBERS
We never ask our members to do more than the Bible clearly teaches. We expect our members to do what the Bible instructs for any believer. These responsibilities are shown in this simple Membership Commitment.
1) A Member Should Protect The UNITY Of The Church. (Romans 15:5, 19 / 1 Peter 1:22 / Ephesians 4:29 / Philippians
2:14/ Hebrews 13:17). God expects you to act in love toward fellow believers, refuse to gossip or complain, and by
following the leadership.
2) A Member Should Share The RESPONSIBILITY Of The Church. (1 Thessalonians 1:2 / Luke 14:23 / Romans 15:7). God
expects you to pray for the church to grow, invite the un-churched to attend, and warmly welcome those who visit.
3) A Member Should Serve The MINISTRY Of The Church. (1 Peter 4:10 / Ephesians 4:1-12 / Philippians 2:3-7). God
expects you to discover your gifts, become equipped to serve alongside the Pastor and Staff, and develop a servant’s
4) A Member Should Support The REPUTATION Of The Church. (Hebrews 10:25 / Philippians 1:27/ 1 Corinthians 16:2 /
Leviticus 27:30). God expects you to attend faithfully, live a godly life, and give a tithe (10%) regularly.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?
Membership steps can be summarized by the same acrostic we use for LIFE Groups, called P.L.U.S.:
1. PURSUE: The Pastor introduces you at a worship service and explains your experience with God and church from one of
these 4 categories (you don't have to say anything):
a) You desire to accept Christ for the first time and become a member by baptism.
b) You want to become a member by baptism, having previously accepted Christ.
c) You want to transfer membership by letter from a Southern Baptist church. If your current membership is in another
Southern Baptist church and God directs you to join this church, we will take care of the details of transferring your
d) You make a statement of having previously accepted Christ and experienced baptism by immersion as a member of
another Baptist or a Bible church.
2. LINK: Have a personal interview with the Pastor to discuss beliefs and the church.
3. UPGRADE: Complete our DISCOVERY MEMBERSHIP Class and agree to our membership commitment; and,
4. SHARE: Be formally introduced in and voted in by the congregation at a service.
Classes are held on a regular basis, usually on Sunday evenings from 5-6 PM, childcare provided.
The information and online registration form for the next class will be posted soon.